Wednesday, May 25, 2011

running


I like running. Genetically speaking we were designed to run to one degree or another. (some more obviously than others).

Now, when I run, I think; I'm ususally away in fairy land during a big part of the trip. But thats me and years of RJD. I think about zombie land and the importance of cardio, I think about how much easier running was when i was a kid, I think about the business, I think about the sweat rolling into my eye and how it burns and why the hell i'm doing this and the way it collects on my lip to be blown away in a spray of breath and i wonder if maybe I shouldn't have saved that breath for, well, breathing.
I think about how long it takes me to warm up to the session and find my stride (round about the 4 min. mark usually) and then swoosh, I'm in my stide, I have my pase, and I'm paying attention to my technique. Oh; then its back to zombie land again. (unless we're running at night, then I'm on high werewolf alert.)


It doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't make it to the mail box.

The best way to run? Find a park or woodland path. Free your spirit. Start easy and slowly progress. If you're to heavy to run, find a hill, a steep hill that forces you to climb, almost crawling on hands and feet. Push a car! really-car pushing is so under utilized.


find a friend. Find someone to go with you. Put it in the diary ; monday-3:30 jogging with Joe at rags park.

You need some kind of cardio and running fits the bill. You have to train the heart and lungs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment