Wednesday, March 2, 2011

gad zooks

gad zooks I say as I crawl out from under my floor press, my oh my but that was heavy.
gad zooks I say as I crawl out from under my floor press a second time. It hasn't gotten lighter. Today I have a funny feeling it won't.
Now this is where I usually say, lets evaluate and adjust; what else can i do? Do I drop the weight and rep out? On a floor press; nah. I mean, this is one exercise just made to go heavy!! Roll over and do a heap of weighted pushups? yeah buddy, now you're talkin'.
Except today something usually light feels like a ton. Lets evaluate. Am i fed? Am i rested? Am I in the proper mental state? Am I hydrated? Is my central nervous system fried?

Lets adjust. I've had enough. As much as i love training i think this time I'll be smart and take a day off. Rest myself and let my body recuperate a bit.
I'm a big time ego lifter so this is really a huge deal for me.

I'd love to adjust my routine and pore out a bunch of push ups and then hit some skull busters and as groovy as that would be, this time, i don't think it would be smart.
You must give your body and mind a chance to rest when its needed (instinctive training)or (very well thought out planning)
so long as a day off doesn't become a week that stretches into a month that becomes the habit .
When your body and mind are getting beat up then they need a break.
I'm sure, positive, because reality is your perception of information, that those poundage's will be, not feel, but will be lighter tomorrow.
I'll be back tomorrow and I'll crawl under that floor press again and I'll set a PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment